Butter pecan ice cream is my favorite. Since I didn’t have any in the freezer I decided to settle on a cake.
What you need:
1 1/4 cups softened butter
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk (I use whole)
2 tsp vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla and 1-1/3 cups of pecans. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round cake pans. I baked mine in a 9 x 13 and a 9″ round! Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
For the frosting you can use a cream cheese frosting (think red velvet) or a cheater frosting such as Cool Whip (cuts through the sugar in the cake and lightens it up).
An easy cake for a yummy end to a scrumptious weekend dinner. I like to keep things extra tasty and extra easy on the weekends when it comes to food. Happy weekend friends.
It’s nice to have a carefree yet hearty dinner on the weekend. This is a go-to for sure.
4 pound rump roast
2 closed chopped garlic
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 packet of au jus gravy
1 packet ranch dip
A few pepperoncinis and their juice
Salt and pepper the roast.
Place in a crock pot, sprinkle the au jus and ranch over the meat and add the juice from the peppers (about 2 tbsp) and the peppers on top. Then add in stick of softened salted butter.
Turn on low.
Walk away. Run errands. Read the paper. Enjoy life.
About 7-8 hours later, it should be bubbly and so tender that it just falls apart. Serve over steamed rice with a hefty side salad as its dinner pal and some garlic steamed broccoli. Get out the horseradish too!!!
This dinner is so yummy and it makes everyone smile from ear to ear.
I went to Whole Foods today and picked up some goodies.
Black mussels, large clams and some shrimp to pop open in a garlic white wine broth and then to dredge garlic bread through the liquid. Served alongside this easy masterpiece of deliciousness will be sautéed Brussels sprouts and some pasta tossed in garlic, butter and pesto. Scrumptious huh 😊😊
Happy 2018, here’s a to New Year filled with love and joy and deep belly laughs! Here’s to songs that make you dance till you’re sweaty and songs that make you run for miles and stay healthy!
To friends and family that love you and respect you and to food…food that makes you feel emotions that were once hidden, that triggers happy memories and makes you crack a sincere smile, food that isn’t the norm that isn’t something you’d typically eat but are being adventurous! Food that brings you all to the table and spreads joy. To 2018, may it be absolutely scrumptious!!!!
I love Korean food!!!
And easy lunch staple to go with noodles or steamed veggies for the kids is this pancake.
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soybean paste
A few drops of soy sauce
Drop into a pre heated skillet about 12″ and thin out with a spoon and then drop two bunches of cleaned and sliced scallions and push them down….wait a few minutes and flip it …. wait a few more minutes and remove it and then eat it and smile….
It’s so easy and scrumptious, it’s silly.
COOKIES!!!!! Soft fluffy sour cream infused cookies with a sugary top, one side black ( a little cocoa powder) and one side white (plain ole’ frosting made of confectioner’s sugar). Deliciousness in your mouth. They remind me of New York City in the Fall, hopping in heels from one museum to another, with a smile on my face and happiness all around me.
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour (or more as needed, see note)*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 5 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 7 Tablespoons whole milk, divided
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened natural or dutch-process cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld [stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment], beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine. Reduce to low speed and add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream. Beat everything on low until combined and no pockets of flour remain. Batter is really thick.
- Using a greased 1/4-cup dry measuring cup, drop mounds of dough 4 inches apart on prepared baking sheets– 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Make the icings: Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, 6 Tablespoons milk, the corn syrup, vanilla extract, and salt together in a medium bowl. Transfer 1 cup to a separate bowl, add remaining Tablespoon of milk and the cocoa powder. Whisk until combined.
- Spread vanilla icing onto half of the cookies– the flat side. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set so that the icings do not bleed into each other. Spread chocolate icing onto other side and allow the icing to set completely, about 1 hour, before serving.
- Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
They’re a little more brown than black but I used more vanilla than I should have oops lol they’re still scrumptious though ❤️
Pecan pie is probably my favorite pie and it is definitely Will’s. Despite the goop to nut ratio, I love it. With some fresh whipped cream and a cup of coffee or tea, it just warms my soul.
I really only make them during the holidays but feel like I should make them more often throughout the year. It truly is a special pie.
What you need:
- Your favorite recipe for pie crust
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves (1/2 pound)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a baking sheet on middle rack.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 12-inch round and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edge, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold overhang under and lightly press against rim of pie plate, then crimp decoratively. Lightly prick bottom all over with a fork. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes (or freeze 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in corn syrup, vanilla, zest, and salt. Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in corn syrup mixture.
- Put pecans in pie shell and pour corn syrup mixture evenly over them. Bake on hot baking sheet until filling is set, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool completely!
A very Merry Christmas to all of you. May your day be filled with lovely presents and hugs and smiles and laughter that fills the room. I hope the food that makes it to you is warm and filled with love and scrumptious and food coma worthy.
We start the day with fresh Italian fried doughnuts! Then for lunch I make a small salad with walnuts and cranberries and cheese and a fresh made lemon vinaigrette. Dinner is a standing rib roast, scalloped potatoes laced with swiss and gruyere cheeses, sauteed spinach, rolls and pie for dessert.
Last night I made thanksgiving dinner all over again. We’ll be having leftovers for the next week! I can’t wait. I can gather my recipes on my work week off and determine what will grace our table for 2018.
Have a very merry time with family and friends. Make today wonderful and filled with lots of great memories.