Seriously, this is delicious and easy and worth it!
I made a few batches and threw them into mason jars for later consumption.
- 5 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2- 3 tbsp curry powder or curry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 8 kale leaves with stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 5 cups broth (vegetable or chicken if not vegan)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper or chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl, toss your cauliflower florets with the curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and 3 tbsp oil.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking dish or roasting pan. Place in oven and roast for 20 -22 minutes until tender but not overcooked (even slightly under cooked). Remove and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, prep the rest of your veggies.
- Next, place cauliflower florets in a blender and pulse a few times until the cauliflower is chopped.
- Once all the cauliflower is riced and kale/veggies are chopped, prepare your cooking pot. Place onion, 2 tsp oil, and minced garlic in large stock pot. Sautee for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Next add in your broth, milk, veggies, cauliflower “rice,” and the red chili pepper and black pepper.
- Bring to a quick boil (make sure milk does get too hot), then simmer for another 20 minutes or so until veggies are all cooked.
- Add dash of sea salt if desired once ready to serve.