It doesn’t take much to excite my two kiddos when it comes to dessert. So a quick batch of Chocolate chip brownies with dollops of Jif Natural Peanut Butter with Honey
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F
Lightly grease an 8×12-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
Combine melted butter, oil and sugars together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate.
- Add ins – peanut butter – drop by the teaspoon, walnuts, pecans, sprinkles, caramels!!! Whatever your heart desires.
Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining chocolate.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the centre of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
- After 10 minutes, carefully remove them out of the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
Enjoy this scrumptious treat!!!