with rainbow 🌈 sprinkles of course! Chocolate Cake with Chocolate frosting and why not on the rainbow sprinkles…I thought about a layer of fudge before the sprinkles but figured that might throw someone completely over the edge.
What you need:
- 1¾ cup Flour
- 1¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Cocoa (high quality)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Oil (canola or coconut oil)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1½ cups Butter, softened
- 1 cup Cocoa
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ cup Cream, Half n Half or Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. If you have a flour sifter, sift all dry ingredients.
- In mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla for 1 minute. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Pour in hot water and mix together.
- Spray two 8 or 9 inch cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use three 8 inch cake pans for this recipe. Pour batter evenly into each pan. Bake at 22-27 minutes. Place toothpick or cake tester in the center of cake to check if it comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- To make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- In mixing bowl, cream together Butter, Cocoa, Powdered Sugar, and Cream until light and fluffy. You may want to add more cream or milk depending on consistency. Once cake has cooled and has been removed from pans, frost each layer with frosting.
- Top with rainbow sprinkles!!!!