Brownies on the bottom and vanilla cake on the top, with some cool whip and chocolate sprinkles of course!
350 degree oven…24 muffin cup tins
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Combine the melted butter and sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and espresso powder.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Scrape the bowl, then add the water, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour stirring until thoroughly combined.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, room temperature (do not microwave)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs, separated, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature (sometimes I use sweetenend vanilla almondmilk)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in egg yolks and vanilla, mixing until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Mix until batter is fluffy but be careful not to over mix.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and thick. (holds a nice peak)
- Very gently fold egg whites into batter and mix JUST until incorporated
Spoon brownie onto the bottom about 1/4 cup
Then top with the Vanilla Cake Mix
Bake for about 25 minutes checking to make sure neither end burns….
Frost with some cool whip and toss on some sprinkles and enjoy…..